Erika Pursiainen is a young-gun tour manager and stage manager, and a merchandising expert.
- Erika has an extensive background. Her work spans from administrative experience within non-profit organizations and small to medium sized profit based companies, to now using her energy and talent developing a career as a young-gun tour manager and stage manager. Erika has already laid a foundation for her new career by working as a day to day artist management coordinator and on the road, in both merchandising and tour management positions. She has toured throughout Finland and the United States and worked in live music production in Los Angeles.
- To complement her master’s studies in business administration and service design, Erika recently graduated from an academic certificate program in music business, at UCLA Extension in Los Angeles.
- Utilizing her extensive background in sales, marketing, communications and customer service, Erika is able to unite her previous experience, continuing education and up to date job skills, for the benefit of both established and upcoming artists alike.
Erika Pursiainen wrote her master’s thesis about concert live streaming and develops her own music related app.
- Erika’s master’s thesis, Co-Creating an Engaging Live-Streamed Concert with Potential Viewers, is one of the rare human-centered studies on concert live-streaming. The study offers content producers concrete tools on how to create engaging, live-streamed concert experiences for their viewers, through interaction and participation.
- Being a hard rock and heavy metal enthusiast, Erika is also developing her own app, Rockstage Pass. Using her extensive knowledge of service design, user experience, interaction design, content design, production, and virtual community building, she is developing this interactive platform for rock fans.
Erika Pursiainen is an experienced sales and communications specialist.
- Erika was exposed to the artistic side of business through her experience as an office and communications manager at MAKE UP FOR EVER Academy, in Finland from 2015-2017. Beyond day-to-day office administration, she managed the team’s marketing communication strategy, in addition to the company’s branding and media implementation online and offline, incl. website and social media development. Erika also developed internal processes by setting up a comprehensive administrative system and database for the company.
- In 2013-2014, Erika worked at UNICEF Innovation Unit, in New York with Christopher Fabian and Erica Kochi, who have been recognized as two of TIME Magazine’s 100 most influential people. Leading online communications, developing and implementing multi-platform strategies, producing and managing content, and engaging the global team into blogging, Erika grew the readership of the unit’s blog from 9,500 views to 24,000 per month, in less than one year.
- Erika has advanced experience in planning and managing multi-level sales strategies by coordinating UNICEF Finland‘s sales division of greeting cards and gifts. From 2006-2013 she proactively progressed from an assistant level position to an upper level coordinator. Erika’s diverse experience includes complex project work and business unit management: customer relationship management, supply chain management, employee and sub-committee training and supervising, business planning of product portfolios and sales forecasts, marketing campaigns, logistics interfaces, and carrier set-ups.
See Erika’s job experience and educational background on Linkedin.
Lane Steele, Bassist and Lead Vocals at Worldwide Panic
October 22, 2018
You truly had us all in awe your organizational skills, diligence and attention to detail is nothing short of amazing. Like we were meant to play music so were you meant to be a tour manager.
Julius Sepponen, Director and Teacher at MAKE UP FOR EVER Academy Helsinki
November 6, 2017
The work environment and team was very artistic and dynamic and Erika managed the different approaches, expectations and ways of communication very well. She has great initiative and is not afraid to wade into deep water.
Andrea Powell, Information System Designer at UNICEF Innovation Unit, NY
July 24, 2016
Erika is smart, friendly, and a pleasure to work with. In her own work, she was always eager to hear about other initiatives going on throughout the organization, and constantly looking to learn new things from colleagues and team projects.
Hanna Haukkapää, Fundraising Specialist at UNICEF Finland
June 21, 2016
I worked with Erika for several years at UNICEF Finland. She is one of the most professional, dedicated, hard-working and determined colleagues that I have ever worked with. She has great attention to detail as well as really good communication skills, which makes her a great team-player.
Tuula Vikman, Sales Manager at UNICEF Finland
June 19, 2016
I have been priviledged to work with Erika in the Cards and Gifts Sales team of UNICEF Finland during several years, from 2006 to 2014. She was an essential part of my team, and I am very impressed with her professional development during these years, and afterwards. It was only natural that she gained more and more responsibility and most successfully managed several sales related projects.
Erika has lots of energy and an innovative and passionate mind, and she proved to be a most trustworthy, skillful and hardworking co-worker.
Maija Karhinen, Accountant at UNICEF Finland
June 1, 2016
Having worked closely with Erika on several projects and on day to day tasks I can say with full confidence that she is extremely hard-working and dedicated team player. I have never seen anyone so organized, passionate and innovative in their work.